Pilates is about you, your body, your time and your money.
- Books etc. can be useful, but they are no substitute for a qualified, experienced pilates instructor.
- Check that your pilates instructor is certified, by whom and when, and to what level.
- Ask how long your instructor has been teaching pilates.
- Try a session and ask which muscles the exercises are aiming for.
- Ask why they might be good or not for your particular body type/posture.
- If you want to go deeper, ask for an in-depth Postural Analysis.